- Sponsorship of spay/neuter surgeries or spay/neuter vouchers for low-cost clinics
- Cat food (premium dry and canned)
- Kitten food (premium dry), food needed for very small kittens, specifically:
- Royal Canin Baby Cat canned and dry food, Royal Canin Kitten Dry Food
- Powdered milk replacment formula for kittens
- Cat litter, we use the following types depending on cat’s needs
- Feline Pine or Yesterday’s News
- Non-clumping clay litter
- Scoopable litter (any brand)
- Advantage for Cats (all sizes)
- Revolution for Cats (all sizes)
- Capstar for Cats
- Gift cards to pet supply stores
- Feliway Spray
- Feliway Comfort Zone Plug-In Refills
- Quick release cat collars
- Large cages (3-foot or 4-foot metal dog/cat cages) – folding suitcase style
- Tomahawk Transfer Traps with Rear Sliding Door in 26” and 29” lengths ( www.livetrap.com, trap model numbers 606 and 606.3)
Donate using our Amazon Wish List
- Gas cards: we typically drive over 1 hour each way, and often drive over 2 hours one way, to deliver barn cats and then return in 3-4 weeks to pick up relocation equipment; also needed for rescue transportation to vet appointments and adoption events.
- Laundry soap
- Fabric softener (sheets)
- Paper towels (for cleaning)
Monthly Cat Sponsor
Alley Cats and Angels has approximately 20 long-term residents in foster homes; through the monthly cat sponsorship fund, our long-term residents receive the care they need. Sponsorship is a wonderful way for anyone who loves animals but can’t adopt to make a real difference in the life of one special cat. When you sponsor a cat on a monthly basis, we will send you their photo and story – and our heartfelt thanks.
For just $20 a month, you can make a big difference in a cat’s life. Payments can be made monthly or with an annual donation of $240. A cat may have more than one sponsor as the cost of each cat’s care is well over $240 per year.
Donations can be made by sending a check directly to the address below or by making a secure online donation via PayPal or Network for Good.
Alley Cats and Angels
P.O. Box 785
Apex, NC 27502
Click here to make a donation via the Network For Good
Listed below are some of our long-term residents needing sponsorship. Please let us know if there is a particular cat you would like to sponsor.
Lola – Black and White Female
Izzie – Torti Female
Yancy – American Shorthair, Tabby Female
Yates – American Shorthair, Tabby Male
Charlotte – Torbi Female
Oakland – Tabby Male
Odessa – Black Female
Casper – Black Male
Calliope – Calico Female
Valentine – White Female
Leesha – Torti Female
CeCe – Black and White Female
Hugh – Orange Tabby Male
Eureka – Tabby Female
Alley Cats and Angels’ adoption program places cats and kittens into loving, indoor-only homes. As cats come into our adoption program, they receive needed medical attention and are placed in foster homes until they are adopted. The home-like environment allows for plenty of one-on-one care and socialization. Besides being good for the cat, our network of foster homes allows us to concentrate on care and adoption rather than shelter management and fundraising for facilities. All of our cats are fully vetted before they are adopted. Over 95% of our cats/kittens have been rescued from the streets; be it a feral litter of kittens needing to be socialized, or tame cats that have been abandoned and found their way to a feral colony, these “forgotten felines” will always be the rescue’s charter.
Barn Cat Program
Alley Cats and Angels places sterilized feral and semi-feral cats into barn/garden homes. Cats in this program are not adoptable as pets or indoor only cats. Through our Barn/Garden Cat Program, we are able to give these cats a second chance at a safe and happy life. All cats are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and ear-tipped before relocation. Alley Cats and Angels carefully selects qualified barn/garden homes with the same care that we approve adoptions of our friendly cats. And we loan out all equipment needed for the relocation period, deliver and set up the cats in their new environment, and provide detailed instructions on how to bond with and care for the cats both during their confinement/acclimation period and after release. Many of our current barn cat owners are so pleased with the success that they have referred people needing barn cats to us and/or have requested additional cats for their other barns.
Feral Cat / TNR Education and Assistance
Alley Cats and Angels offers advice and assistance to individuals and other groups with respect to non-lethal feral cat management. We assist local caregivers in several counties by loaning trapping equipment, demonstrating how to use the traps, and providing trapping instructions. We provide post-surgical recovery instructions and can sometimes provide short-term care for the recovery of feral cats after surgery. We teach the basics of trap-neuter-return (TNR) and colony management for feral cats and actively lead TNR efforts and provide TNR assistance. TNR is the only compassionate approach/solution to feral and stray cat overpopulation.
Alter an Alley Cat Spay/Neuter Assistance
We are committed to reducing the number of homeless cats entering our shelters and being euthanized, and our Alter an Alley Cat program is a key component in our fight against pet overpopulation. Our Alter an Alley Cat Program provides subsidized spay/neuter surgeries and vaccinations for cats owned by low-income/hardship families and feral cats whose caretakers have limited incomes. We are proud to offer this service to cat owners and feral cat caregivers with low incomes, who otherwise would not have the means to have the cats spayed/neutered and vaccinated.
Alley Cats and Angels adopts out rescued friendly cats and kittens. We have many wonderful cats and kittens for adoption. Because our kitties have already been through a lot in their lives, we are not looking for just “any” home; we work hard to ensure a good match between our cats and their new home. Therefore, we ask you to fill out an application, interview you and ask many questions about your home environment, your family and your current pets. Please understand that we are not trying to be ‘nosy’, just trying to help you find a cat that will fit well with your expectations and your lifestyle. We care very much about our little friends, and we know how traumatic it can be for them to go to a new home and then to be returned. We work hard to make the ‘right’ match the first time around.
If you feel you have what it takes to give a great home and good care to one (or more!) of our cats, please fill out our application.
Before you adopt:
- Each potential adopter must complete an Adoption Application
- The application will be reviewed by an experienced adoption counselor and the foster home
- We will contact you by phone to discuss your specific needs and any purrsonality traits you are seeking in a cat and also answer any questions you may have
- All key members of the household should meet and interact with the cat you are considering adopting
In order to adopt or be considered as an adopter:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must show valid photo ID showing your present address
- You must be able to prove that you are allowed to have a pet where you live (proof of home ownership or a copy of your rental lease including the specific pet policy)
- You must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet for the entire life of that animal
- You will be asked to provide veterinary references
- All current pets (cats, dogs) must be current on their vaccinations
All cats available for adoption have received medical care including:
- Wellness check
- Spay or neuter surgery (Alley Cats and Angels has a 100% pre-adoption spay/neuter policy)
- FeLV/FIV/Heartworm combo test
- FVRCP+FeLV initial vaccination and booster
- Rabies vaccination
- Treated for intestinal parasites, fleas, and ear mites
- Microchipping (Alley Cats and Angels uses veterinarian recommended Home Again microchips and shelter paid enrollment in the Home Again recovery database)
- 14 day acclimation period to make sure the pet you choose is the right fit for your family. (We provide advice and support on proper introductions and acclimation but if it just isn’t working out you can contact us to return the cat you adopted from us for a full refund of the adoption fee within 14 days of adoption. Refund requires the return of the complete, original medical record provided to the adopter at the time of adoption.)
- 21 day health guarantee (we will provide the medicine you need for easy to treat issues like colds, make appointments with our vet for issues as required and any cat or kitten with an undiagnosed condition that existed at the time of adoption may be returned for a complete refund in the 21 days post adoption. Refund requires the return of the complete, original medical record provided to the adopter at the time of adoption.)
- Free nail trims at our adoption events for life (just bring your kitty to one of our events)
- Free behavioral assistance and advice from experienced cat owners for life! (just email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Adopter must bring or purchase a carrier in which to take home adopted cat. All cats must be transported in a pet carrier.
Alley Cats and Angels wants to help you through your adjustment period with your new companion and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. In addition, Alley Cats and Angels wants to know that our cats are cared for the rest of their lives, therefore, we make a lifetime commitment to our rescues and we will take back any cat adopted from Alley Cats and Angels, at any time, for any reason.