Alley Cats and Angels adopts out rescued friendly cats
and kittens. We have many wonderful cats and kittens
for adoption. Because our kitties have already been
through a lot in their lives, we are not looking for just
“any” home; we work hard to ensure a good match
between our cats and their new home. Therefore, we
ask you to fill out an application, interview you and ask
many questions about your home environment, your
family and your current pets. Please understand that we
are not trying to be ‘nosy’, just trying to help you find a cat
that will fit well with your expectations and your lifestyle.
We care very much about our little friends, and we know how
traumatic it can be for them to go to a new home and then
to be returned.
We work hard to make the ‘right’ match the first time around.
If you feel you have what it takes to give a great home
and good care to one (or more!) of our cats...
All available cats have received medical care including:
- Wellness check
- Spay or neuter surgery (Alley Cats and Angels has a 100% pre-adoption spay/neuter policy)
- FeLV/FIV/Heartworm combo test
- FVRCP+FeLV initial vaccination and booster
- Rabies vaccination
- Treated for intestinal parasites, fleas, and ear mites
- Microchipping (Alley Cats and Angels uses veterinarian recommended Home Again microchips and shelter paid enrollment in the Home Again recovery database)
- 14 day acclimation period to make sure the pet you choose is the right fit for your family. (We provide advice and support on proper introductions and acclimation but if it just isn’t working out you can contact us to return the cat you adopted from us for a full refund of the adoption fee within 14 days of adoption. Refund requires the return of the complete, original medical record provided to the adopter at the time of adoption.)
- 21 day health guarantee (we will provide the medicine you need for easy to treat issues like colds, make appointments with our vet for issues as required and any cat or kitten with an undiagnosed condition that existed at the time of adoption may be returned for a complete refund in the 21 days post adoption. Refund requires the return of the complete, original medical record provided to the adopter at the time of adoption.)
- Free nail trims at our adoption events for life
- Free behavioral assistance and advice from experienced cat owners for life!
In order to adopt or be considered as an adopter:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must show valid photo ID showing your present address
- You must be able to prove that you are allowed to have a pet where you live (proof of home ownership or a copy of your rental lease including the specific pet policy)
- You must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet for the entire life of that animal
- You will be asked to provide veterinary references
- All current pets (cats, dogs) must be current on their vaccinations
Before you adopt:
- Each potential adopter must complete an Adoption Application
- The application will be reviewed by an experienced adoption counselor and the foster home
- We will contact you by phone to discuss your specific needs and any purrsonality traits you are seeking in a cat and also answer any questions you may have
- All key members of the household should meet and interact with the cat you are considering adopting
Adopter must bring or purchase a carrier in which to take home adopted cat. All cats must be transported in a pet carrier.
Alley Cats and Angels wants to help you through your adjustment period with your new companion and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. In addition, Alley Cats and Angels wants to know that our cats are cared for the rest of their lives, therefore, we make a lifetime commitment to our rescues and we will take back any cat adopted from Alley Cats and Angels, at any time, for any reason.