The more volunteers we have, the more we can do for the cats
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available:
- Fundraising Coordinator and Fundraising Assistants: Have a great idea? We must fundraiser in order to have money to take care of the cats.
- Grant Writer: Research and help write grants for the organization. Prior grant writing experience is a preferred
- Adoption Event Assistance: Help staff adoption events with one of our adoption counselors.
- Adoption Center Cleaners: Help clean cat enclosures and play with cats when our cats are in the PetSmart adoption centers; it’s not glamorous, but the cats sure appreciate it and you’ll be paid in kitty purrs and kisses
- Special Events Coordinator: Organize and coordinate large events for Alley Cats and Angels.
- Update Cat Listings: Update and maintain Petfinder.com and Adoptapet.com listings and post adoptable cats and adoption event information to Craigslist.
- TNR Task Force Team Members: Help trap feral cats and and/or transport them to vet appointments – help fight overpopulation on the front lines
- Barn/Garden Cat Program Helpers: Assist with barn/garden cat relocations and/or pick up equipment loaned to barn homes after confinement period.
- Crafters: We are always on the lookout for people who do crafts, such as catnip toys, kitty blankets, and cat beds to help us raise money for the cats.
- Photographer: Take pictures of our kitties so they can be posted on the web. A digital camera is required.
- Communications/PR/Coordinator: Increase our exposure in papers, magazines, and on radio and TV.
- General Help: This involves various errands, including donation pick-up, food/litter drop off, helping out with yard sales, etc.