ALTER AN ALLEY CAT PROGRAM
The Alter an Alley Cat program has prevented
many litters of kittens from being born – kittens
for which there are no homes. We are committed
to reducing the number of homeless cats entering
our shelters and being euthanized, and our
Alter an Alley Cat program is a key component
in our fight against pet overpopulation.
Alley Cats and Angels has low-cost spay/neuter
vouchers available for purchase for the spay/neuter
of friendly and feral cats.
Alley Cats and Angels has low-cost spay/neuter vouchers available for purchase for the spay/neuter of friendly and feral cats. There is no income requirement for the purchase of vouchers.
- Cats must be a minimum of 3 pounds, which is generally a 3 month old cat
- Each voucher covers: one spay/neuter sterilization surgery, one FVRCP [distemper] vaccination, one rabies vaccination, and pain treatment for one  adult cat or kitten over the age of three  months.
- Feral cats will have their left ears cropped
- Additional medical services are not covered by this voucher (such as FeLV/FIV testing, antibiotics, etc.), must be coordinated directly with the participating veterinarian when scheduling the appointment, and will be the financial responsibility of the owner/caregiver
- Friendly, touchable, tame cats must come in carriers, and feral cats must be transported in traps (one friendly cat per carrier, one feral cat per trap)
- Vouchers are non-transferrable
- Cost per voucher: $70.00
Subsidized Spay/Neuter Vouchers
Alley Cats and Angels works to make spay/neuter accessible for people on government assistance and low income families, therefore, Alley Cats and Angels will subsidize spay/neuter vouchers for individuals with a true financial need: lower-income cat owners and feral cat caregivers who cannot afford the full cost of spay/neuter. We are pleased to offer this service to cat owners and feral cat caregivers with low incomes, who otherwise would not have the means to have the cats spayed/neutered and vaccinated.
Spay/Neuter Donation and Sponsorship Opportunities
Please make a donation to our Alter an Alley Cat spay/neuter assistance fund. You will be making a direct impact on the reduction of the homeless cats in the Triangle and will be saving lives through prevention. If you would like to sponsor a spay day (up to 30 cats) or a half spay-day (up to 15 cats), please contact us for more information. $750 will sponsor a full spay day including vaccinations and $375 will sponsor half a spay-day.
You can mail your donation earmarked ‘Alter an Alley Cat fund’ to Alley Cats and Angels, PO Box 785, Apex, NC 27502, or donate on line via PayPal using the link below.
Purchase a Voucher:
On the next screen you will be able to select the quantity of vouchers you wish to purchase. If you choose to make an additional donation, the amount you select will be added to each voucher. Your generous donation will help us to provide spay/neuter assistance to those in need.
You will receive your voucher in the mail within a week after receipt of payment. Vouchers expire 60 days from date of issue.
Subsidized Voucher Request
Please submit the online application below and a volunteer will contact you. Or you may download the Application for Spay/Neuter Assistance for Cats, complete it, and mail to: Alley Cats and Angels, PO Box 785, Apex, NC, 27502. If you have any questions, please call us at 919-303-3500 and leave a message or email us.